I only just noticed at breakfast time that there were seven crumpets in my pack of six!
Friday, 20 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1. the agency, instrumentality, method, etc., used to attain an end; 2. disposable resources, especially pecuniary resources; 3. things having positions or qualities midway between extremes; 4. numbers that are intermediate between, or typify, a set of numbers, such as the geometric mean and the arithmetic mean; 5. a number of oddballs from the house of Mean; and 6. their blog.
I only just noticed at breakfast time that there were seven crumpets in my pack of six!
Posted by
Mr Mean
at
09:23

6 comments:
There are several names for that - the baker's half dozen, the lucky crumpet, the odd crumpet out, the seventh wonder of the baking world.
At any rate, someone, like me, is likely to tell you "You know, Mr Mean, you ought to buy yourself a lottery ticket today."
The seventh crumpet is also known as "The Lottery Ploy".
Attracting damn spammers to my blog falls into the category of “getting more than I didn't bargain for”, I suppose.
An extra crumpet is always the tastier option than SPAM.
Getting more than you didn't bargain for in a partner...
I pressed that link, and as it was loading, I saw the left-hand side of the page pic and thought "that's more than I didn't bargain for in a haircut".
Post a Comment